Last updated on 8th of September 2021
Connect Community Global (Private) Limited and/or its affiliates (“Connect Co.,” the “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our,”) respect your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with the Connect Co. privacy policies. This policy describes:
- The types of information that Connect Co. may collect from you when you access or use its websites, applications and other online services (collectively, referred as “Services”); and
- It’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, processing and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to the information Connect Co. collects through its Services, in email, text and other electronic communications of whatsoever nature sent through or in connection with its Services.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, such as Google, Shopify, WordPress, Magento through which you place orders and/or pay through for Services, downstream processors used by Connect Co. and social networks that you use in connection with the Services. We encourage you to consult directly with such third parties about their privacy practices.
Connect Community (Private) Limited, located at 15/6, St. Stephen’s Mawatha, Rajagiriya Road, Rajagiriya, Sri Lanka will be in control of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services.
This policy may change from time to time, your continued use of Services after it makes any change is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
The information we collect and how we use it
Connect Co. collects several types of information from and about users of our Services, including:
- Your Personal Information
Personal Information is the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from the data and other information that we have, or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise. Additionally, we collect information such as your billing address, shipping address, payment information, bank account details, email address and phone numbers.
- Device Information
Information about your internet connection, web browser, IP Address, time zone, cookies, the device you use to access our Services and your usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- Automatically as you navigate through our Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Your account information: If you create a Connect Co. account, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your full name, email address, zip code, physical address, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, phone number, and birth date. We may publicly display your first name and last name or last Initial, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the registration process, as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account through your settings page. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by flagging it.
- Your content: Information you provide through our Services, including your reviews, photographs, comments, lists, followers, the users you follow, contact information of people you add to, or notify of, names, and other information you provide on our Services, and other information in your account profile.
- Your searches and other activities: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit. We may also store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs and mobile applications. We may also receive and store your location whenever our mobile applications are running, including when running in the background, if you enable our mobile apps to access such information in the course of using the Service. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the “Location Services” settings for our applications in Android and iOS privacy settings.
- Your browsing information: How long you used our Services and which features you used; the ads you clicked on.
- Your communications: Communications between you and other users or merchants through our Services; your participation in a survey, poll, contest or promotion scheme; your request for certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates or other products).
- Your transactional information: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, such as a delivery or collection, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and payment information (such as a credit card number and expiration date, bank account details), as well as information about your customers, their name, address, phone number, email and any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties, and third parties may share such information with us, for the same purposes. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
- Your Public Posts: Your contributions to the Service (such as ratings, reviews, tips, photos, comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, etc.) are intended to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) for public consumption on publicly accessible areas of our Services, or transmitted to other users of our Services or third-parties (collectively, “Your Contributions”). Your Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, though we take all appropriate steps to safeguard your information. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We may display this information on the Services, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself in such postings.
We use the information you provide to us to enhance the functionality and improve the quality of our Services, and to personalize your experience while using our Services. We also use this information to display relevant advertising, provide support to you, communicate with you, and comply with our legal obligations.